Quoting from .org – SelfSubmit Article Directory
Cat incontinence is unpleasant to say the least. You may find that your house starts smelling like a litter box because your cat can’t seem to control his urine flow.
Incontinence in cats can be solved however. It has many underlying causes including:
– old age
– birth defects
– a tumor
– bladder stones
– bacterial infections
Why not follow these 5 tips to keep it from being so problematic for your cat?
1. Be prudent with conventional prescription medications (always consult your veterinarian). Most medications have side effects. Be aware of the impact of these types of approaches. Instead, consider giving your cat some Vitamin C. It will help to improve his immune functioning and improve his overall health.
Cat incontinence caused by infection can be prevented and alleviated with Vitamin C because it improves his ability to fight off infection.
2. Keep your cat’s litter box tidy. Try to clean it each time he soils it. This is important because some cats avoid their litter boxes when they get messy. Holding urine in for too long can actually lead to bacterial infections and thus incontinence in cats.
3. Get your cat a fountain water bowl and fill it with filtered water. Fresh, clean water will help your cat get rid of bad toxins and bacteria. It will also keep your cat’s urine from thickening. In sum, sufficient water intake will keep your cat healthy for years to come.
Water prevents incontinence in cats because it prevents the underlying issues that lead to incontinence, such as bladder stones and bacterial infections. Consider placing multiple water dishes where your cat likes to rest in the house. Cats will not go out of there way to drink water since in the wild they get moisture from the foods they eat.
4. Apple cider vinegar is a home remedy that is popular for treating cat incontinence. You will notice that your cat stops leaking if you give him apple cider vinegar. However, results are often only temporary. Try mixing 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar for every one cup of water your cat drinks. You can also mix it into food. Many owners have seen a positive outcome by using Apple Cider Vinegar for UTI. For the best results, see #5.
5. Cat incontinence can be treated effectively with homeopathy. Homeopathic remedies contain powerful, natural ingredients that help to nurse your cat back to health. They also prevent urinary issues altogether because they strengthen the urinary tract and bladder while promoting optimal urine flow.
Homeopathic remedies are safe enough to be given to your cat everyday and cats love them. They come in small pellets that can be sprinkled on cats’ tongues or in their food.